Special Lecture 13
Talk on Copyrights
27th of December, 2010
A talk on Copyrights was organized @ ISiM, University of Mysore by Mr. Jared Margolis, BA, LLB, BCL, Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Hong Kong, Advocate of the Paris Bar on 27-12-2010, 9:30 am.
The talk dealt on:
- Classic definition of copyright and its need
- What does copyright protect?
- Difference between Intellectual property and physical property
- What do we mean by Patent, Trademark etc.
- Evolution of copyrights act and the challenges faced with changing Technology.
- Common copyright violations.
- Discussion of British Copyright system & French Copyright system.
Shown below are some images from the event (Click on image to enlarge).
|Ms. Waltraut Ritter and Mr. Jarod Margolis at ISiM, Mysore||Ms. Waltraut Ritter introducing Mr. Jarod Margolis and the topic, before the talk on Copyrights, at ISiM, Mysore|
|Mr. Jarod Margolis discussing the issue of Copyrights, at ISiM, Mysore||Mr. Jarod Margolis interacting with the attendees of the talk, at ISiM, Mysore|