ISiM – Special Lecture - 15
Date & Time :20th May 2011, 3:00 to 4:30pm
Topic : Relevance of Information Management in Industry
Speaker : Ms.Jagadamba Krovvidi, Principal Technology Architect
Infosys Technologies Limited, Hyderabad.
Venue : International School of Information Management (ISiM), University of Mysore.
Lecture focused on:
• Data: An Enterprise asset
• Data Transformation cycle: From Data to Information to knowledge
• What is Enterprise Data Management?
• Data Governance driven Enterprise
• Data Management Organizations: Governance, Stewardship, Services
• Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Management in Enterprise
The lecture stressed on importance of ‘Data Management’. By using different analogies the significance of ‘Information Management’ in current scenario was made clear. The topics involved the distinct aspects of ‘Data Management’ such as planning, governance and controlling data. The lecture emphasized on Data mining and data warehousing making performance more elite in the applied fields and the growth of same is still rapid. ERP, CRM, etc are the peripheral factors assisting data management and proper use of the same can enhance performance. Eventually the lecture ended with a note that “Data Management is nothing but taking data as input and getting knowledge as output.”
Ms.Jagadamba Krovvidi, Principal Technology Architect, Infosys Technologies Limited, Hyderabad
Functional Expertise: Information Management including Business Intelligence and Data Management
Ms.Jagadamba Krovvidi has 14 years of professional experience in technology consulting and solutions implementations, in areas of Data Management, Master Data Management, Performance Management, Analytics and other aspects of DW/BI. Currently associated with Software Engineering and Technology Labs (SETLabs) for defining strategies, transforming businesses and redesigning processes for specific requirements in the Information Management area. She has broad experience across all the aspects of the SDLC of Data Management and Business Intelligence.
Project Highlights & Value Delivered to Clients
• As part of her current role at SETLabs, current responsibilities include analysis of trends and emerging technologies in Information Management and strategy consulting
• Vast experience in identifying gaps and thus creating IP and Thought leadership around data management and business intelligence with customers as part of co-creation
• Experience in conducting Business level workshops to conceptualize the KPI reporting strategy, GAP Analysis and defining Roadmap for overall Information Management including Data Management Maturity assessments and recommendations
• Worked in many BI Strategic engagements across various domains including telecom, banking, manufacturing and Insurance
• Worked on Business Processes Automation via BI solutions, ETL Automation, and Production Rollout with least monitoring
• In depth Technology experience with Business Objects, Data Services, Cognos8, Micro Strategy, Informatica, Hyperion Essbase, Teradata, Oracle and MS SQL Server
• Consulting experience on Data Management – Maturity assessment, Data Quality, Profiling, MDM and Data Governance
• Published conference papers for Premium conferences like COMAD
She has an MS in Computer Science from Texas University, USA and a Bachelors from Osmania University AP, India